- Molly went into a pandemic bunker during the COVID lockdowns in 2019. Cut off from the world with no internet and just one Jane Fonda workout tape, Molly had no idea that the lockdowns were over until she ran out of her emergency Velveeta cheese and ventured out in a trash bag hazmat suit.
- Barely surviving the isolation, Molly found solace in Jane Fonda’s workout tape, even taping Jane’s face to a soccer ball for company. Fonda’s positive fitness messages touched her to the core, and now Molly is determined to prevent the next pandemic by sharing Jane Fonda’s pulsating exercises and motivating messages on social media.
- She may have a long way to go, but “Molly the Fonda fitness fanatic” will face her demons through positive pulsating workouts until the whole world is bouncing along with her.
What’s next for Molly, the Jane Fonda-inspired super fan with post-pandemic anxiety in a TikTok world?
- Well, I’m currently developing a 90-second comedy social media series that deals with different ways of finding meaning and coping with anxiety in a supposedly post-pandemic world. This sketch is just a work-in-progress and I’ll be rewriting it to focus on structure in my next draft.
- In the new version, I plan to have three rounds of positive statements that contrast with something dark, with the darkness increasing in each round. The third round will reach a comedic breaking point between Molly’s perceived positivity and the unresolved traumas in her head, after which she’ll recover and hook her fans to come back for more.
- This new structure will bring the sketch closer to the 90-second mark and clarify the goal, conflict, and resolution of this particular micro-episode, instead of my usual spaghetti-against-the-wall approach. It will also give me a specific unit to build off of in developing the storyline of the series.
Maybe these works-in-progress will be fun to watch (or at least a horrifying glimpse into the creative process of my wacky mind). If you want to see the early version, check out the very lo-fi proof of concept I did for review in my Upright Citizen's Brigade class, brace yourself for the video below...
What do you think?
Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternate career paths?
What do you think of my weird and wacky creations so far? Do they make you laugh? Cringe? Cry?
Let me know what you think by commenting here or on my social media pages!